Tuesday, January 24, 2012

And the Good News Is; Countering the Prevailing Stereotypes - Installment 2

My post about the good news taxi story got more reads than almost any other post, so when friend, Suzanne Moore, relayed her positive taxi story in a comment to my blog, I thought to share it.   I think it is not just me who is hungry, ravenous for more of the good news.


"I love happy taxi encounter stories. Their drivers do an important, dangerous, and under appreciated job in our society.

Yesterday, as I was driving along main road, a taxi pulls up next to me and the driver hangs out of the window to let me know that one of my tires was a little flat. Then he blocked traffic for me so I was able to pull into the nearest petrol station.

A bit later in the day, I waved one in front of me in rush hour traffic on the high way. After all, they have many more passengers stuck in the sweltering heat, who have much longer distances than me to travel before they eventually get home to their families. In return, I got waves and smiles, along with the customary double flash of warning lights.

These small acts of kindness make my day. :-)"




Thanks, Suzanne Moore, for sharing!

No comments:

Post a Comment